Friday, December 10, 2010

Saddest Poem/Lonliest Poem

Saddest poem – Pablo Neruda

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.

Write, for instance: "The night is full of stars,
And the stars, blue, shiver in the distance."

The night wind whirls in the sky and sings.

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

On nights like this, I held her in my arms.
How could I not have loved her large still eyes?

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
To think that I don't have her. To feel that I've lost her.

To hear the immense night, more immense without her.
And the poem falls to the soul as dew to the grass.

What does it matter that my love couldn't keep her.
The night is full of stars and she is not with me.

That's all. Far away, someone sings. Far away.
My soul is lost without her.

As if to bring her near, my eyes search for her.
My heart searches for her and she is not with me.

The same night that whitens the same trees
We, who we were, are the same no longer.

I no longer love her, true, but how much I loved her.
My voice searched the wind to touch her ear.

Someone else's. She will be someone else's. As she once
Belonged to my kisses.

Her voice, her light body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.
Love is so short and oblivion so long.

Because on nights like this, I held her in my arms.
My soul is lost without her.

Although this may be the last pain she causes me,
And this may be the last poem I write for her.

-------------------------

This is my reply to the above poem.
.........................


Loneliest poem –Shahd Thani


I can write the loneliest poem of all tonight.

Write, for instance: "The moon rises luminous,
An imposing pearl set against the darkest velvet"

The crickets are mute and the night is deathly still.

I can write the loneliest poem of all tonight
He loved me, sometimes I loved him, too.

On nights like this, he would be here holding me
Singing to me the songs of the secret savage garden

I loved him, sometimes he loved me too
How could I not love his hushed reserved voice?

Lulled by lullabies, we whispered under the infinite sky
Kissing softly, occasionally, slumbering in one another's arms.

I can write the loneliest poem of all tonight.
To think that I don't have him. To feel that I'm losing him.

What does it matter that my love wasn't enough to keep him?
The night is silent and he's not here to bring it to life .

The night is immense, more immense without him.
And my poem is unheard, one last plea to the indifferent.

Far away, someone sings, far away, someone loves, someone whispers
And my soul is bereft without him.

His melodies play on in my dreams, bringing him near
My heart searches for him and he is not with me.

We who we were, we are the same no longer

I no longer need him, true, but how much I needed him,
He no longer misses me, but I miss him still

My love searched the wind to warm his cold heart.

Someone else's. He will be someone else's. As he never
Once belonged to me.

His pride, his masculine body, his tender eyes.

Perhaps I love him, true, but it wouldn't matter anyway
Love is short, fleeting and he would never have loved me.

But on nights like this, I crawled into his arms
And pretended that his heart was big enough for me.

And although this may be the last pain he causes me
Then I don't want this to be last poem I write for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooW. I like it keep it up ♥