Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dissillusioned




I don't know when

I don't know how

God help me

I dont even know what anymore.




Time is passing me by

Sand sifting through my fingers.

Dreams drifting faster than clouds thru a car window




The hunger inside me demands

And its more than my soul can take




I sooth her with prayers

I sooth her with platitudes

I tuck her in and bury the hope




Soon

Tomorrow

Someday

Peace




The lies i tell

I smother the screams

I muffle the sobs




The madness of maybes

I run towards

I run from

Always caught in between




Tomorrow is a new day

A new smile, sunshine

And smothered screams

Smothered dreams

Sand burning through my fingers

And unwritten words choking my throat




Peace

Someday

Tomorrow

Soon

Oh the lies i tell myself as I fall asleep








No comments: